Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

A Big Reveal

My wedding is happening around 6:00 in October and it was suggested to us that we see each other before walking down the aisle. I am wondering what your thoughts/experiences were with this kind of situation. I am a pretty traditional bride so I am not sure if I should do this.

Re: A Big Reveal

• Options
    My wedding is happening around 6:00 in October and it was suggested to us that we see each other before walking down the aisle. I am wondering what your thoughts/experiences were with this kind of situation. I am a pretty traditional bride so I am not sure if I should do this.
  • Options
    This is called a First Look. You can look around this website and others for more information and opinions. 

In terms of how people feel about it:

Those that WANT to do a First Look, think it was the best idea ever and love it.
    Those that do NOT want to do a First Look, are extremely happy with their choice to wait until they walk down the aisle to see their spouse.

In other words, go with your gut. 

Personally, our ceremony and reception were at the same venue, and I really wanted to spend lots of time taking pictures. So we did a First Look. I loved it; I got to spend 3+ hours with my (soon to be) husband just before we got married. It calmed my nerves a bunch, but I still felt extreme excitement walking down the aisle. 
  • Options
    Check out my siggy. I'm a fan. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards