Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

The Pros - Wedding Photography- Need help

Hi ladies,

Recently i heard from The Pros and after looking at their website, I am very interested. However, before I did anything I was hoping I can get some reviews on them??

Look at them for photography :)

Thanks!!!

Re: The Pros - Wedding Photography- Need help

• Options
    Seriously? Do a google search - there are HUNDREDS of horrible reviews about The Pros. Maybe even thousands. I'm a firm believer that if you don't do your homework on photographers you'll end up being really disappointed.

http://www.weddingwire.com/vendor/VendorViewStoreFront?vid=b1c77b7b0e7f806a&z=z&mode=&tab=reviews&subtab=reviews&sortBy=lowestRating
  • Options
    There are A LOT of bad reviews and horror stories about The Pros across the internet. They are an "umbrella company" that just hires random freelancers from the area to shoot weddings. I always refer to these companies (Pros, Bella, Davids Bridal) as the Grab Bag of photography. You will not know who your photographer is until either the day of, or the week before your wedding. By then its too late to switch. 

• Options
    Just do a search on these boards for posts related to them. No one recommends them. It is always better to find a privately owned company- and there are places out there that are just as cheap as The Pros and with better reputations.
    I chose Portrait New England- they are one example. You're from New Hampshire so they would cover there. Also, John Lo and Berry Photos I think cover there too. Those are a few of the photographers I considered.
  • Options
    There are many sites which host reviews on various vendors including The Pros.  WeddingWire has hundreds of reviews – many of them positive, some not.  You can also ask them directly for references from recent brides in your area and then make those calls.  I have heard that with The Pros you do get to meet your photographer and DJ before making your commitment.  Still, always value the direct advice from a friend or colleague that has used their services before trusting and advertising pitch.  Be sure to ready every word of your contract and raise any concerns before signing or paying a retainer.  Good luck!  P.S.  I am a successful full-time videographer in the DC area and after hundreds of events; I feel I am qualified to offer this advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards