Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Budget photographer

I am in the Dallas area and have a VERY limited photography budget.  I am really coming up short on photographers in Dallas that are affordable.  I would really prefer to have someone who has only done a few weddings but don't know where to look.  I have already gone the craigslist.org route, with no avail. Any suggestions?

Re: Budget photographer

• Post this on your local board, over on the left. Also, check out weddingwire.com
  • My advice is to cut short on other things but not the photographer or get one on budget but be careful it can cost you to miss  great moments of your big day. I got married on Septemeber 22 and our photographer (to whom we paid $3.000) was the biggest idiot there is. Not only he gave me so much diva attitude but took horrible pictures and missed great moments. There is  no way that your big day can be re-created. You need a good photographer who understads you and whom you have good chemestry with. I would even advise you to have a photo session before or even having him come to a party so you can see how he beheaves. My idiot photographer told me during the reception "oh I don't take pictures of people at their tables besides" and when I confronted him about his horrible job he told me " your wedding was boring so there were no special moments that I could have taken pictures of"

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_budget-photographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:832e8a04-dc19-438d-9a52-cd55d5c05f78Post:0c382236-61db-48be-9154-6a86a4c3a95d">Budget photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the Dallas area and have a VERY limited photography budget.  I am really coming up short on photographers in Dallas that are affordable.  I would really prefer to have someone who has only done a few weddings but don't know where to look.  I have already gone the craigslist.org route, with no avail. Any suggestions?
    Posted by clschupp[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards