Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement Picture Questions

Hi all,

My wedding date is 6/8/13 and we will be taking our engagement pictures on 10/7/12 (in a couple of weeks). I'm trying to figure out some neat props for our session but I need a sounding board to figure out if they are good or not.

I really like the idea of a fall shoot and would like to use pumpins that have our date written on them. Once my FI and I talked about this though we became confused about whether or not it's apporiate. I had planned to send out the save the dates after Thanksgiving (to go along with the 6 months before the wedding timeline) which is more winter than fall. Than, I figured since we already know exactly what we're ordering (we just need to add a picture) we might be able to get the save the dates out in early November which would still fit with the fall theme. However, since our wedding is a summer wedding- would you find it weird to receive a fall themed save the date for a summer wedding? I know most people should say I should just do whatever I want since it's my wedding but I'm really curious about other people's opinions on this. It may seem rather silly but it is something I am slightly concerned about.

Also, do you have any tips for props or engagment pictures in general? FI isn't terribly romantic and I'm afraid it's going to be slightly awkward trying to capture some of the pictures that I would like to see. Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Engagement Picture Questions

• Options
    We didn't use props because we wanted our pictures to be timeless. Pumpkins could be cute, though. We took engagment pictures in the fall for our summer wedding, and it wasn't strange at all. People can tell that the pictures were taken at one point, and the wedding is at another. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards