Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Any Courthouse Brides? I want to see pics!

I know there aren't many of us out there, but anyone mind sharing their courthouse wedding photos? :)

Re: Any Courthouse Brides? I want to see pics!

• I guess it is a "pretend wedding", but it's for our friends and family to enjoy. They know we're married, but they are just as happy for us and want to see the white dress, the exchanging of rings and cake, etc.. It's not going to be very big, it's pretty small.. and initimate to include those that are closest to us.
    http://www.meganchristinestudio-blog.com/2012/01/11/jen-dennas-capitol-hill-engagement-session-municipal-court-wedding/
    My photos. :)
    As for there not being many of us out there, I'm still looking on this board for anyone else who has done this.. it seems to be shocking to most people here so far so I would assume there aren't many..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_any-courthouse-brides-i-want-to-see-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:856fc41c-8988-4ae4-9192-e54ea519cfc5Post:6674bf51-a8e4-4f0f-bbcf-b6ec708bb492">Re: Any Courthouse Brides? I want to see pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Any Courthouse Brides? I want to see pics! : There aren't?  Since when? And I'm curious...didn't you already have your courthouse wedding and are now planning a pretend "wedding" PPD?  Why would you need to see pics of other people's courthouse weddings if you don't consider courthouse weddings to be weddingy enough?
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed you, btw.. I don't know if you get notifications when someone messages your or not.. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_any-courthouse-brides-i-want-to-see-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:856fc41c-8988-4ae4-9192-e54ea519cfc5Post:27cffdc3-6ce9-4076-963b-3835c7091458">Any Courthouse Brides? I want to see pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know there aren't many of us out there, but anyone mind sharing their courthouse wedding photos? :)
    Posted by jenuine86[/QUOTE]

My first marriage I did a courthouse followed by a PPD, for the same reasons you want to - the family. This was about 10 years ago before it was considered a bad idea, and most people received it well, on here and IRL. In hindsight, however, it was probably pretty stupid.

For my second marriage, we did a small private ceremony at a B&B, just the two of us, not unlike that in the photos you posted. So with that in mind I'll say that I think your courthouse wedding was absolutely lovely. You've committed your lives to each other and look very happy. Your family should understand that and be happy for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • May I ask what a PPD is?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards