Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Scottish Rite?

Has anyone ever heard of having a wedding here?  I just saw a wedding on Chelsea's blog that she did and it is incredible.  Really beautiful and you can great downtown shots too.  I've never seen it mentioned here as a venue so I just thought I'd throw it out there as a great downtown venue for anyone that is looking.  It says the ballroom holds up to 375.

Re: Scottish Rite?

• Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to 2 weddings there... both turned out beautifully!  One of my friends is actually featured on the web site.  I checked it out when I was looking.  It's a DIY venue and tax free (run by non-profit).  The lady that does the bookings is very nice and accommodating, and the front entrance is great for pics.  It was a little too traditional and ornate for me, which is why we ended up in Cityplace, but a very nice venue overall.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well, that's good info.  I never knew about it.  Of course, I never knew you could get married at the Old Red Courthouse either until I came on TK!  :)

I love Cityplace--that should be beautiful too!

• Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'm excited about it.  :)  I love Old Red, too.  Scottish Rite was nice, it just wasn't the "feel" I was going for.  It would be perfect for a more traditional bride. 

btw, steph, your venue was the Warwick Melrose, correct?  I am gently nudging FI to book us there for our wedding night.  Do you have any info on how fast it tends to fill up?  If it were MY job, it'd be booked and paid for, but that's one of the things FI is responsible for.  Our wedding is June 12th.

Carter born 5/28/11

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah, see, I'm very traditional so that's why I love it!  :)

Hmmm, hard to say really.  The hotel is small is the thing so there aren't a ton of rooms.  Also, they do weddings almost every weekend there so that's another factor.  Even though I'm the only bride I've seen on TK that got married there, they do a ton and I'm sure June is full.  So I would say you probably want to have it booked by March to be sure. 

BTW, Domestic Divas did my unity candle too.  Ashley was so wonderful to work with!  I was really happy with how mine came out.

• Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've noticed from your bio that we seem to have similar taste (I love your invites and flowers), and I guess that includes the unity candle :)  I'm excited about it.  I wasn't sure how to make my unity candle not fru-fruy, and I love, love hers!  I've turned into an Etsy-o-holic lately.  I want to order my garter there, too.  Thanks for the info on the Melrose.

Carter born 5/28/11

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I toured the Scottish Rite--it really is pretty, but it was too ornate for my tastes and some of the areas were really musty. We also didn't like that the Ballroom had the Mason "judge table" for lack of a better word with the eye in the triangle and all that--a little creepy.

Plus, Catholics and Freemasons don't have the best history, so we just decided to skip it :)
  • Options
    FloridaTexanFloridaTexan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls,
    My friend actually found this posting and told me you were talking about my wedding from Chelsea's blog (photographer), so I thought I should chime in.  I had never heard about the Scottish Rite either, but it fit my traditional style, and I liked that the ballroom was so ornate that not many decorations were needed.  I'm really happy that I chose it, but I do have to suggest that you consider hiring an outside day-of coordinator if you do.  The lady at the venue--while very nice to me--didn't exactly have her act together.  I can go into more details if anyone is interested in knowing more about it!
    -Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards