Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Spring Wedding--bad weather, bad pictures??

My fiance and I are just starting to plan our wedding. We had originally selected October but are now thinking of pushing it off till April. Here's my concern--April showers bring May flowers. We live in Chicago which has the most unpredictable weather, and I really liked the idea of taking pictures in a garden/outdoor area. IF we get rain, I'm really not happy with the idea of having all of our pictures in the Church.

Any ideas of what I could do as a back up plan to have the most magnificent pictures even if it's raining or cold???

Re: Spring Wedding--bad weather, bad pictures??

• Options
    kristine0613kristine0613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No matter what time of year it could rain its always somthing I think every bride is afraid of go down town and see what you can find Even though I dont want it to rain on my wedding have you ever seen pic. with the bride under the unbrella let me say its beauiful, so if it does rain make sure you get a shot or two outside =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It happens, you just have to try and make the best out of it. I came across a great bio (the rainy day wedding bio) with really cute example such as the PP mentioned. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/284qsor

We had rain for our wedding in September. It was overcast and drizzled all day and literally poured during our reception. Here are a few umbrella shots we got leaving the church

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    dodge1974dodge1974 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That looks so cute!! thanks!
  • Options
    lana2007lana2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you get an excellent photographer he/she will make the photos amazing, rain or shine.. if you get a cheap photographer, they won't be prepared/have the equipment to shoot in a low light setting.. I just shot a wedding on a super gray, on the verge of raining type day. You can see the photos here: with editing you cant really tell it was super cloudy and dark:
    http://lanarenee.com/2010/12/13/matthew-and-roma-fotografia-de-matrimonios-valle-escondido-santiago/

Cheers and dont worry!
    With love from Chile... I blog. Check it out here: www.lanarenee.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards