Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Jennifer MacPherson (Previously Amanda Williams Photography) is a Scam Artist Photographer! Respond

Calling all brides who have used or are planning on using Jennifer MacPherson as their photographer.  She does photography in Michigan and in New York.  I used her for my July wedding and paid her in full.  She provided me with my raw photos on a CD the night of my wedding and then has been MIA ever since.  Please message me and let me know if you have had the same experience.  I believe there is strength in numbers!

Re: Jennifer MacPherson (Previously Amanda Williams Photography) is a Scam Artist Photographer! Respond

• Options
    utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post this on your local board and NY's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had the same problem.  We were married in June and received the cd's with our photos and she hasn't responded since.  I've tried for months and nothing.  I don't know what to do except go to the police.  Have you had other people with the same experience?
  • Options
    jmhickoxjmhickox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_jennifer-macpherson-scam-artist-photographer-respond-arehave-used-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:97cf689b-209c-4d99-8435-9f0dc937ddd5Post:1180c279-6b69-436b-9efc-6d4e47103671">Re: Jennifer MacPherson (Previously Amanda Williams Photography) is a Scam Artist Photographer! Respond if you are/have used her...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have had the same problem.  We were married in June and received the cd's with our photos and she hasn't responded since.  I've tried for months and nothing.  I don't know what to do except go to the police.  Have you had other people with the same experience?
    Posted by d_mitoraj[/QUOTE]

You can email me at <a href="mailto:Jennifer_hickox@yahoo.com">Jennifer_hickox@yahoo.com</a> and we can talk more if you're still having a problem getting in touch with her...I know I am
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married in June and have had the same problems. I have not heard anything from her and have tried to contact her multiple times. If anyone has any information I would really appreciate it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have been trying to track her down since June as well.  I would like to talk to anyone who is interested in working together to track her down and, if needed, getting a lawyer involved.  Please let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married last February and have not even recieved a CD from her. I have yet to see any pictures of our wedding night except those that friends took, which makes me furious!  We are trying to track her down in New York, where we believe she is currently living. I would advise anyone to get a lawyer so we can have her arrested for fraud and larceny.  My lawyer and I have not been able to obtain an address and the New York State Police will not get involved until police reports are filed here in Michigan. Please file a police report, as stated above "there is power in numbers!"
  • Options

The same exact thing happened to me!! I booked her about a year ago when she was formerly under Amanda Williams (which by the way is absolutely amazing and I would reccomend her to the fullest)... I paid her in full, and never received anything but the raw photos from our wedding! She is an absolute nightmare to work with. I literally felt  "lucky" she showed up. After  she screwed us at our wedding, I did some research and found out that there were events that she never even showed up to. She didnt even send me my photo list until the morning of the wedding..... What a serious dissapointment. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BOOK JENNIFER MACPHERSON AS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER. I intend to spread this information to as many wedding blogs as I possibly can.   I have also heard there are several law suits open against her...I hope some good lawyer can take her down!!

• Options
    NiekNiek member
    First Comment
    Hi, I rather not state my name but I know where she is located at right now. In Rochester Ny. She works for a call center at 202 Wallace Way for Sutherland global Services
  • Options
    NiekNiek member
    First Comment
    Hi, I rather not state my name but she works in Rochester Ny for a call center at 202 Wallace Way. She works for Sutherland Global Services.
  • Options
    NiekNiek member
    First Comment
    Hi, I rather not state my name but she works in Rochester Ny for a call center at 202 Wallace Way. She works for Sutherland Global Services.
  • Options
    Did anyone on here ever get their pictures?  I really wish that I would have seen this post before I booked her for my wedding this year.  But unfortunately, I didn't and now I only have 3 pictures from my wedding.  She sent them after I asked for pictures for my thank you cards.  I'm confused as to why she goes MIA after the wedding!  The hardest part is already over!  She took the pictures and they are digital!!  At this point, I would take the raw cd's over nothing.  We are contacting a lawyer and have contacted the local news in Rochester NY.  They did a story on her in April which I wish I would have seen as well.
  • Options
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_jennifer-macpherson-scam-artist-photographer-respond-arehave-used-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:97cf689b-209c-4d99-8435-9f0dc937ddd5Post:7692e858-0f69-4f96-8584-92882b79f151">Re:Jennifer MacPherson Previously Amanda Williams Photography is a Scam Artist Photographer! Respond if you are/have used her...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I rather not state my name but she works in Rochester Ny for a call center at 202 Wallace Way. She works for Sutherland Global Services.
    Posted by Niek[/QUOTE]

I just called and asked for her and she is not in their directory.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards