Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

I can't find a photographer I like

All of the photographers in my area all seem to have "set up" photos in their gallery. I don't want to spend all of my time before and after the wedding posing! I don't want to spend 10 minutes getting the perfect pictures of mine and the bridesmaids' shoes!

I'm looking for a photographer that just takes natural pictures and captures beautiful moments rather than making me pose all day long.

I'm thinking I should just hire a friend or family member to do the photos, or should I just pay for the more expensive photographers and specify my wants?

Re: I can't find a photographer I like

• edited November 2012
    Family members can never take as nice pictures as professionals, unless they are professionals- but don't you want your family to enjoy the wedding, not be working?

Find your local board, ask them for suggestions. Meet with photographers, ask about their style, see how much they want you to pose or if they'd be willing to do more unposed shots. 

Telling a photographer to change their style wont work; you need to find a photog that already works the style you like.
  • My Uncle Bob is considered quite the shutterbug in our family.  Almost every photo he took was terrible.

Suck it up and pay the money, you won't regret it.
  • Hey I just saw your post i know the photographer we used at our wedding in Oct. does awesome work. not sure about traveling to seattle though. but you never know. he was really budget frindly too. i cant rememebr the website but his name was victor rosas i think victor rosas photography.

love to help

-Sam
  • We used www.hannaharista.com. She was awesome and didn't interfere with the flow of our wedding day at all. She captured everything beautifully but we barely noticed her. Somehow she was everywhere and nowhere all at once! I voted yes, get a professional. We couldn't be more thrilled to be able to look back on our beautiful pictures
  • <div>I would highly recommend <a href="http://jamiedelaine.com/" rel="nofollow">http://jamiedelaine.com/</a></div><div>I would love to offer to be your wedding photographer myself but I live in Michigan.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_i-cant-find-a-photographer-i-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:99544488-f432-4e45-ba24-6dbd0eff6b57Post:d282c7c4-55c9-48e2-9a26-e2ca0a806a89">Re: I can't find a photographer I like</a>:
    [QUOTE]Family members can never take as nice pictures as professionals, unless they are professionals- but don't you want your family to enjoy the wedding, not be working? Find your local board, ask them for suggestions. Meet with photographers, ask about their style, see how much they want you to pose or if they'd be willing to do more unposed shots.  Telling a photographer to change their style wont work; you need to find a photog that already works the style you like.
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards