Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

2 photographers or 1?

We found a photographer that we love and she has amazing packages, amazing albums and now we just cannot decide if we want her to bring another photographer with her. I think maybe with a 2nd photographer we'd get more photojournalistic, natural shots.
What do you think?
What did you do?
Pros/cons?
I am a picture freak, photos are very important to me. When listing our top 3 things it was food, dj, and photos ;)
August 2011 May Siggy Challenge~ Honeymoon Photobucket www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
133 image Invited to celebrate Jersey Shore style!
85 image Will be fist pumpin' on the dance floor!
11 image Won't be having any fun
37 image Can't Find their mailbox

Re: 2 photographers or 1?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    2 photographers are better than 1! If you are a pictures freak and your budget allows it I say go for it. We have 2 photographers and 2 videographers, just to be sure, lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having 2 photographers. There are pictures I want from two different angles that have to be taken at the same time. I say go for it if you can afford it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely have two photographers! I'm sure just one would do an alright job but we've booked with 2 so we can get 2 different angles on everything as well as getting the photos that only one photographer can't get, ie, me first walking down the aisle and the look on my fiance's face when he sees me for the first time, or mom crying while we say our vows, or even just 'the rest of the story' when the first photographer is focusing on us for the whole night. its worth the extra expense!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If photography is a high priority, I definitely suggest having two.  I would ask to see the second shooter's work however if you haven't already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having 2! Just want different angles & styles! Plus 1 can be with the ladies getting ready & the other with the guys!
  • Options
    drphotodrphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Always hire 2.  Granted it helps with angles and extra shots and all kinds of other things, but, the real point of a second shooter is insurance.  This past week I was in Manaus Brazil, part of the Amazon.  We were on a freeway going to the airport and the driver lost control of the car.  She skidded into the median and we were hit from behind.  9 times out of 10, I would have gone home in a body bag.  Luckily no one was even scratched and we made our flights.  Things go wrong and you need to be covered if they go horribly wrong.

Corey Schwartz
    www.desertridgephotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have two.  If you can afford it, do it.  It's great for alternate views like PP said, but they can also be in two places at once...like one taking pictures of the bride getting ready while the other captures the groomsmen.  Ask if the assistant has different strengths, too.  Our main photographer usually interacts with the people and his assistant usually shoots the details and alternate views.  While he gets the checklist completed, she finds the beautiful candids. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards