Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Low budget wedding

A friend of mine is wanting to get married soon in the next couple of weeks because of his soon to be wife's mother is very ill- he only has $5,000- that has to cover everything- he also from india and wants to incorporate that somehow- he doesnt have a set number of people coming but probably 50 or under- I dont know of any places that he do it at in such short notice- any ideas. TIA 

Re: Low budget wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

What if they reserved a large room (or the whole restaurant on a week night maybe) at one of the nicer Indian restaurants?

They are usually nicely decorated so they wouldn't need much besides themselves and the food.  Since it will only be a 50or so person event they should even have some funds to bring in a small dance floor and a DJ I would think if they would like.

Just a thought. 

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also thinking a restaurant. I suppose they could do the ceremony at a restaurant, too, or they could do it at a local park. Or maybe their city has an ampitheater or a gazebo or something (I know Carrollton has both).
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Anna and Tiffany.  We went to a reception at an Indian restaurant up by Stonebriar Mall.  They were even able to bring in their own beer and wine. 
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check III Forks on the Tollway - this is our current plan as there is no facility rental fee and the minimum is very low.  They have several different banquet rooms or if you did it during the day, they are only open for private parties so you'd have the restaurant to yourselves.

Good luck!
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you remember the name of the indian restraunt by stonebiar?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THere's also the Clay Pit in Addison... may be worth checking in to.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might have been Tantra. 
  • Options
    FACE MDFACE MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If an inexpensive makeup artist is needed, I would love to make his bride feel beautful on her memorable day...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards