Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement Pics

Hi!
I'm getting married March 31, 2012 and I was just wondering when is a good time to get engagement pictures taken? I ideally would like to use them for our save the dates, but we are going to be sending those within a few weeks since we have a lot of OOT guests. When did you take yours?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Pics

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married June 30,2012 and we just had our e-pics done over the weekend, but FH & I are teacher so we have to get a lot done before school starts mid August. Think about what has to be done between now & your wedding, and then make a time line. If you want STDs you may want to go ahead and find your photographer and get your e-pics scheduled for the fall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married Oct 27, 2012 and I want my engagement pictures to be outside in the changing colors of the leaves, so we are planning ours for sometime in Sept/Oct of this year. I know some people who had them taken about 4 months before the wedding. I don't think I want to wait that long though- LoL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LAJ023LAJ023 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married 6/9/12 and we just had our engagement pics taken in early July. Basically, just because I wanted them taken in the summer and wanted to use them for save the dates. I know a few couples that had there's done a few months before their wedding. Just depends on what you want to use them for.
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering where a good outside location is for e-pics in the Houston/spring/tomball area... Will probably take them in September... Too hot right now...! Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Getting married March 24, 2012 and have appt to take our pics on Oct 15th.  We will be using our pictures for STD to OOT guests as well but I still fill we are giving them plenty of notice.  Majority of everyone knows the date for sure by now.  They ask us every chance they get...lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards