Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Which photographer to go with?

We are stuck with a photographer choice. 
On one hand we have a fairly new company located in our town, they've done a few weddings/engagement sessions and have a variety of examples of their work and are reasonably priced, for photographers, anyway. 
On the other hand we have a brand new photographer, just trying to get her business started.  But she is about 180 miles away and will charge mileage (righfully so). 
I really like the idea of helping Photographer 2 get off the ground, but with the travel charge and what not it's only about $150 difference and I just can't help but think having a local (more experienced albeit very little more) photographer would be better. 
BUT, photographer 2's prints are cheaper, significantly, across the board.  However, photographer 1 offers a really cool photo book with the proofs in it that the 2nd photographer doesn't/can't due to being new and what not. 
Also with photographer 2 we only have one person shooting, whereas with photographer 1, we will have two.
So my question is, in your professional knottie opinions, which would be the best bet for our engagement and wedding pictures?
Thanks a ton and happy planning.
:O)

Re: Which photographer to go with?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

First of all, I would never choose a wedding photgrapher who was brand new, especially when a more experienced photographer was in my budget.  Also, if you get a DVD with your images and the rights to them (something I would not consider not having), you can print the pictures yourself for even cheaper, so the cost of prints shouldn't even be a consideration.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards