Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagment Pics?!?!

is it to early to get engagement pics done! we are gettin married june 22 2013??
Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagment Pics?!?!

• kimbo1781kimbo1781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Didi you book your photog already?? I think I would wait and do it like 6 months (or less )before the wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have been shooting a long time and I have seen it all! I shot engagement pics last year for a wedding 2 years away and I have done it as close as a few weeks before the big day. I am a big beleiver in dragging out this amazing occasion as much as possible! I'd say go for it! It is not too soon!! Take care! Cara G.
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    depends when you want to use them, and what you want to capture.

Do them now if:
    1. you want to capture what you and FI were like when he proposed. younger, haircuts, clothes, etc
    2. if you want to use the photos for gifts to parents, etc, or just use them earlier

Do them later if:
    1. you're only using them for wedding-related things
    2. you have a specific time of year you want to capture (fall pictures, summer pictures, etc)
    3. you want to capture more of the 'wedding' time, not necessairly the 'engagement' time.

there's no right or wrong way to do it. =)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Between propsal and wedding, we had/have 1y 6m and we took out engagement photos with 1y and 3 m until our wedding.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards