Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Where do you usually meet with your photographer for the 1st time?

I just contacted my first photographer who said he usually does inhome consultations. Is this normal? Where else could I suggest to meet him, I don't like having people in my house lol

Re: Where do you usually meet with your photographer for the 1st time?

• Our photographer had an office to meet in. There are many wedding professionals who are true professionals who do not have offices although I would do extra research to make sure they are a reputable business if they did not have a physical location. I, also, would not be comfortable having a stranger over to the house for the initial meeting. I would recommend meeting at a coffee shop.
  • I met mine at her house... She had a room set up as her office.. Maybe you could ask to meet at there place and just say that you would like to see all there work and you could come there. If not just flat out tell them you;d feel more comfortable meet at X place.
  • My FI and I met our photographer in his home/studio. We made sure to let multiple people know about our appointment and his address. If they don't have a place for your to meet maybe somewhere public?
  • It is not abnormal for a photographer to meet in your home. Most will either meet you at your home, meet you in public for lunch/coffee, or you go to their studio/office if they have one. If you are not comfortable having them in your home, I would just suggest the lunch/coffee option.
  • It depends on the photographer. Some do in home consultations (just make sure they have some kind of online presence or repuation - a positive one helps...haha), some do Starbucks, diners, restaurants, and others have their own studio spaces where you can meet with them. If you do not want someone in your home, suggest doing it at Starbucks.
  • We met in our photographer's home. Are you sure he meant your house, not his? 

We met our florist in a starbucks, so perhaps there is a coffee shop near you? 
  • We met our photographer in her in-home studio, and consulted with two others via phone and skype.  If you're not comfortable having him in your home, I'd just suggest meeting at a coffee shop.  We met w/ our DJ at a Starbucks, a JP at a Starbucks, and another JP at a Panera.  I'm sure he'll want to meet wherever makes you the most comfortable.  Good luck!
  • I met many vendors at Starbucks, including potential photographers.  I met the one I chose in her home studio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards