Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

I am so wishy washy!

We are from Houston but were in the Dallas area this week end. We went to the Gaylord, which I had been to before, I went back to get something from the car and everyone else went on. He told my mom how pretty everything looked and she told him I had always wanted to get married here, so as soon as I walked in he asked me. :) Everything seems perfect but now I am not sure what colors, I kind of always thought hot pink and bright purple, but I dont know a theme now. I am kind of thinking maybe Peacock too.... Ahhh! For some reason bright pink and lime green keep coming up which is springy but I cant see it being perfect.

Suggestions.. ideas.. colors... theme... decor...

Re: I am so wishy washy!

• What time of the year is your wedding?  We had our in late September and we did the peacock them.  My colors were teal and purple. I loved my colors. Heres a pic to give you an idea of the colors.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/142aqah.jpg[/IMG]
  • Google colors like "pink and lime green wedding" and inspiration boards will come up so you can start to visualize how everything will look.  You just got engaged (Congrats by the way!) so take your time, it doesn't have to all be planned today.  As you begin to choose things, it will come together.  You obviously like bright colors, which is fine, but don't go overboard.

Themes aren't necessary--the theme is your getting married.  If you want to have an overall feel for your wedding, that's fine.  Like I knew I wanted "classic elegance" as I am very traditional.  If there is something that is very special to your FI and you, you can incorporate it as a theme but again, don't go overboard.  Less is more and all that.

Are you looking to get married at the Gaylord?  Just be aware, it's one of the more expensive venues in DFW.
  • My bad, it will be about this time of year, so that is why I am thinking springy. I know it is expensive, although I have been calling them most of the morning and they are not answering.
  • Pink and lime green can be really pretty, but it can also be kind of a train wreck, so I second googling lots of images to get some inspiration!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards