Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photos before or after wedding??

I'm getting married in November, so it will likely be dark outside by 5-530pm. I really want to follow tradition and not have my fiance see me until I am walking down the aisle. So, we would likely take our photos together afterwards. However, if the ceremony is scheduled to be at 5:00, it will be dark by the time we get to take pics together (and we really wanted to take some outside). Is there any way around this? Anyone else in this dilemma? Do I take all other pictures before the ceremony (me and bridesmaids, family, etc)? Thanks for your help!!

Re: Photos before or after wedding??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing all the bridesmaid/groomsman pictures and as many family pictures as we can before the ceremony and doing bride and groom shots during cocktail hour. 
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you have the ceremony a little earlier so you have time to get in a few outdoor shots?  Or find a photographer who does night shots...We went back outside during the reception so ours could take some night photos, and they are some of my favorites.  Here are a couple examples:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photos-before-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:bcfefdbb-70af-415f-80eb-abddb32dd774Post:b3ed0a33-21d6-41e7-852a-fadbd15f2b70">Re: Photos before or after wedding??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing all the bridesmaid/groomsman pictures and as many family pictures as we can before the ceremony and doing bride and groom shots during cocktail hour. 
    Posted by megmac24[/QUOTE]

We did this too. We also took some additional photos of just the two of us during the reception.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    DaniLee413DaniLee413 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of the suggestions! Very helpful :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards