Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

backyard wedding

we are wanting to have a bbq backyard wedding but im having trouble comming up with decoration ideas. i also need to find a venders for thE tables and everything else pretty much. i am planning for about 50 guest.i would love a live band and a mariachi band,we are hispanic so i would love to incorporate our culture. if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it

Re: backyard wedding

• Options
    For backyard wedding I picture trees wrapped in Christmas lights, mason jar center pieces with candles and flowers, Chinese lanterns hanging from the trees... This sounds like soooo much fun to plan and decorate! Want help? haha!

As far as rentals... I would go with someone like Taylor Rental that can handle everything from tables and chairs to linens. Makes it way easy.

As far as bbq, Spring Creek is $9.95 a person for adults and like $5.95 for kids! 
  • Options
  • Options
    i'm not having a backyard wedding but i am having an outdoor ceremony and have spent a lot of time looking at outdoor decorations.  my girls will have parasols in lieu of bouquets.  i haven't figured out where i'm going to get the parasols from but oriental trading sells plain DIY parasols that are plain white (with the idea that they can be painted) in packs of 12 for 30.00 -thats a pretty good price.  i was even thinking of getting extras for ppl to have at the ceremony in case its too hot.  i also ordered some woven fans from koyal wholesale, they were packs of 12 for 8.99.  oddly enough these are actually *from* oriental trading but koyal has them at a better price.  i wrapped the handles in white satin ribbon, put a flower and butterfly on them (that i also bought from koyal 1.99 for a pack of 16 i think).  i **love** them!  if you have trees i **love** the idea of hanging things from trees!!  you could do rice paper lanterns with either LEDs or glow sticks inside.  if you're near an IKEA you might be able to find hanging lanterns and candle holders.  i guess the only other thing i would warn about is the wind factor... i've been to a few outdoor weddings where stuff starts blowing around everywhere so just be conscious of anything that would easily be blown around Smile

also... if you find a good price on a mariachi band please post here!!  we are looking for one too!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards