Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Where to Buy a House

Hi Ladies - I have asked this on the nest and gotten a few answers but I am still very much not sure so I would like more input! We have lived in Dallas for a few months....I work at 635/75 and FI works on the east side of Coppell. Where do you recommend buying a home? We are going out with a realtor this weekend so I would like to have some info to discuss with him.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Re: Where to Buy a House

• Options
    edited December 2011

Are you interested in the burbs, city type living? Whats your budget? Do school districts matter to you yet?

• Options
    lvasilenlvasilen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi good questions!!

We will own the home for probabally 5 years, not to far into the burbs (ie less than 30 min commute). We would like to stay under 250K. And school districts don't matter for a while.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I say this everytime, but seriously: West Richardson.  With that price range try the Canyon Creek area or the Reservation.

Also, Farmers Branch, Carrollton, West Plano.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI - Still keep school districts in mind.

You:
    A.) don't want to get stuck in a house and then have a kid or two attending a crappy school

B.) It's always easier to sell a house in a great school district. 

I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    M streets, Lake Highlands, Kessler Park, Winnetka Heights, Hollywood Heights, White Rock Lake Area (it's fairly big)...

It really depends on what you want close to you...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Addison or Lewisville or Carrolton might work for you.

White Rock is pretty pricey.  Renting a house isn't too bad (that's currently what my fiance and I are doing.  But all the houses for sell are expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Frisco!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plano- can get something in the middle of your two commutes and can get some deals now in your price range. It's a bit cookie cutter but after 7 years in Dallas, I gave into the burbs and love it here.
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...commute wise I would say Richardson or Addison?

Check out the Dallas forum on city-data.com. LOTS of good info there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards