Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

wedding album

So I was looking at some of my friends' wedding albums that they had done themselves and they were alright, but some of my girls had said people had rolled their eyes at their albums! It seems a lot of the do-it yourself ones don't print as well as professional ones at all. I've been talking to my guy about going to a professional, even found one who does AMAZING work, I think he's with me on this! Did anyone consider using a profesional? I'm worried if I do my own album it won't look good in 20 or 30 years. i'm a very creative person, but I feel there is a limit to what someone who isn't a professional can really do, especially about print quality. I feel like our album is so important because it is the only way to allow friends and family who couldn't come to experience our special day and I want it to still look amazing in a few decades.

www.ArtisticAlbums.com

Re: wedding album

• I posted the link incase anyone else is interested
  • Depending on the verbiage in your professional photographers contract you and this vendor could be sued for copyright infringement. That is why there are not a lot of this type of vendor around. Most releases that the photographer gives to the couple only allows personal usage and not manipulation and design via another vendor. This is why it is okay for the couple to make online photobooks, but to hire a vendor such as this would be very legally risky. Your photographer could, if they choose to, sue you for a minimum of $2,500 per photograph used for Copyright Infringement and most likely win under the Federal Copyright Act. It would most likely be higher for the business, since they would be knowingly breaking the law.
  • Creative wording doesn't conceal the fact that you are a vendor trying to convince us to use your website for wedding albums, which is against the TOS. Nice try though. You've been reported.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • By all means do professional! 

People go through Costco, Walgreen and Walmart and it just blows my mind! These images need to last forever, and that's why you need to go with a professional service. Better materiials, better passion. 

-K
  • By all means do professional! 

People go through Costco, Walgreen and Walmart and it just blows my mind! These images need to last forever, and that's why you need to go with a professional service. Better materiials, better passion. 

-K
  • After the initial 6-month period following your wedding (where every second person is going to ask you for photos of the wedding), you will probably probably look at that album MAYBE once a year... Maybe? 

It is only in the last 10 years that brides are letting themselves be convinced that they need to have professionally printed EVERYTHING, and that spending $6000 on photography for one day is totally acceptable. Our parents and grandparents did just fine with their own DIY slip-the-photo-into-the-corners albums. And you know what? Those albums feel a lot more 'personal' than the super-slick glossy coffee-table books. 

• Even though you will probably hardly ever look at your album X years into the future, I feel that it's important to have a quality album. 

I still look at and adore my parent's album.  It will one day pass to me.  And that's the way I want to view my album; it's an heirloom and I want it to be of heirloom quality.  If you shop around you can work with photographers who offer high quality professional albums at affordable prices. 

But stay away from the Blurb and other opportunities.  I've seen them too and have done my own eye rolling.

• I ordered an album for Adoramapix a couple of weeks ago and was pleased with the quality and serivce. And it was quick, 4 days from ordering to having it arrive. They also have design software on their site, so if you don't have any design software, you can use theirs. Or design your own and drop it into theirs. Prices were reasonable too. Lay flat pages, no gutter. Photo cover or leather cover options.
    I think it's important to have your pictures printed, whether you create your own album, or have someone else do it. Digital is fine, but if you don't take care of the media that it's stored on, you'll lose them. Get them printed at a reputable place and store them properly and you're kids and grandkids will thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards