Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

My photographer doesn't want to charge me...

So my photographer happens to be a friend of the family and wants to do my wedding for free. He told me to just reimburse him for the amount of the wedding album and we would be even. I don't feel right doing that! I don't want him to do it for nothing because this is what he makes his living off of. He keeps telling me he won't accept money and I would feel horrible if I didn't pay him for his work. He is also doing my engagement photos next week and won't let me pay for anything. Any advice?

I really want to give him money so does anyone have an idea of roughly how much I should pay him? Or should I get him a really nice gift maybe? I know he wants this rare photography book, it costs almost $600+ depending on where and if I can get it. It would be a nice surprise. I am not sure what to do...

Re: My photographer doesn't want to charge me...

• Wow that is very nice of him!! You are very lucky because this is a big expense.. But however if he keeps offering to do it for free you might as well take him up on that offer. Look at it as a wedding gift from him... But I would do something for him.. After your day is done, I would give him a nice card telling him how much you appreciate what he has done for you guys and give him a nice "tip". I wouldnt worry about how much you give him, because hes obviously not about the money if he didnt even want to charge you, but something just to show your appreciated it,
  • p.s.. may like a nice gift card to a fave resturant or something like that
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_my-photographer-doesnt-want-to-charge-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:d1c058b8-513f-42ee-b3ca-31f7ed309942Post:f458ff16-165a-4641-8657-314e7faea0df">My photographer doesn't want to charge me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my photographer happens to be a friend of the family and wants to do my wedding for free. He told me to just reimburse him for the amount of the wedding album and we would be even. I don't feel right doing that! I don't want him to do it for nothing because this is what he makes his living off of. He keeps telling me he won't accept money and I would feel horrible if I didn't pay him for his work. He is also doing my engagement photos next week and won't let me pay for anything. Any advice? I really want to give him money so does anyone have an idea of roughly how much I should pay him? Or should I get him a really nice gift maybe? I know he wants this rare photography book, it costs almost $600+ depending on where and if I can get it. It would be a nice surprise. I am not sure what to do...
    Posted by One3402[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the gesture, take it as a wedding gift from him.

Give him a generous gift with a thoughtful card. You said he's a family friend so someone can help you come up with awesome gift ideas. I would give him an expensive bottle of wine, gift card to his favorite restaurant, tickets to his favorite team/events, you can get sooo creative.
  • Like with almost anything, you get what you pay for.  While it is a very kind gesture on his/her behalf to offer such a great gift, I would recommend paying him for his services. 

http://andyrodriguezweddingphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards