Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

To video, or not to Video....that is the question

I'm curious to see other brides opinion on this issue. My fiance and I were originally not going to get a videographer. However, I've had 3 married people in a row today tell me that we should have one.

What are some opinions out there on videographers? Should we make room in the budget to hire one, or be content with the photographs?

Thanks!!
Fawn

Re: To video, or not to Video....that is the question

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did not have video and I regret it.  Knowing I can never see my wedding ceremony again even once is painful.  It goes by so fast and once it's gone, it's gone.

• Options
    sprat85sprat85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  I am soo sorry that we did not get a video.  There were a lot of funny things that happened during the ceremony that I can't remember now.  I would LOVE to be able to watch it again.  As pp said it's almost painful to think that I could have had it but I don't.

With that being said, I was the one before the wedding saying what a waste of money it was and how I would never watch it.  H still says that and doesn't think we are missing anything. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Video seems to be one wedding aspect that's really difficult to justify in the budget pre-wedding but as the PP have mentioned, post wedding you'll wished you had. I would recommend looking into vendors in your area for pricing and coverage options. Most vendors can work up custom packages to suit your requests, such as ceremony only if you request it. Best of luck!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    jelie3110jelie3110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also wish I would have done videography, my dad tripped on my dress while walking me down the isle. He started fixing and fluffing my dress in the middle of it all, he turned it in to a comic relief moment and totally relaxed me. We didn't know then that he would pass away five weeks later. I could really kick myself for not catching that on video. I found out (after my wedding of course) that there is a photographer here in MD that has payment plans, Reflections Studio Productions 301-444-4620. Trust me you don't want to regret it later. Good luck:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ABSOLUTELY! It is great to watch aunt sally dancing drunk and uncle larry saying stupid stuff on the video. Plus, you get to capture your FI reaction as he see's you walk down the aisle. Other special moments of you and your bridesmaids hanging out before, your mom or someone else helping you put on your jewelry and those first dances that are always a tear jerker!!...  Who wouldn't want that stuff forever??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want a videographer but they are very over priced in my area for my budget (professionals start at over $700 to just do the ceremony).  We will however be compromising and having my FI's uncle videotape everything.  He's great at capturing things on video and has already volunteered himself for it.  Beyond that, I can get the tape near professionally edited at my former high school through the media arts class.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  My name is Lauren and I'm a wedding planner in Hawaii and California, but I also have a handy blog on my website that I publish and would like to share it with you... espcially since today I wrote an article about videography-- hope it will help you gain some insights!  I shared my personal experience! Good luck!!!
    www.l-4-love.com
    and my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/L-4-Love/109579892459848#!/pages/L-4-Love/109579892459848
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards