Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding Snap App

So I want to do the disposable camera thing and have everyone take pictures, but everyone has a smart phone anyway and will probably not touch the disposable camera. So i went searching for a private upload album service where my guests can just log in and upload photos taken from my wedding and I found "wedding snap". Its an app from iPhone and android markets. Where people use the app to take photos and upload it to a private album created by me with a private password so no one can see the album but my guests and i. the problem is, it's $99.00 for the basic package.
does that seem like a fair price? I dont want to spend money on something my guest might not even use, or know how to use. does anyone know of an alternative?

Re: Wedding Snap App

• It seems little pricey to me.  There is something called Wedding Turtle that I've been looking into that seems pretty similar.  I haven't decided whether or not I am going to use it, but it is free, and guests can upload pictures directly to a website that you set up.

Website if you're interested in learning more:
    http://weddingturtle.com/home
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wil definely look into that. I also found somehing called Wedding Party App. Im trying it out right nw, so far its been really nice and FREE.
  • Hi All! 

I totally get your concerns on price. I've been doing some research on alternatives to disposable cameras, and I found wedding snap. BUT my sister just got married last weekend and she used a different company called Capsule.  It's a similar idea, and the basic package also costs $99. But I have to say it was priceless going through the capsule the next day and seeing all the candid moments that went on during the reception we had NO idea about! It was like having 200 photographers at her wedding.  I compared Capsule with Wedding Snap, and unlike Wedding Snap you have unlimited photo storage FOREVER (vs. just a year), AND you can download full-resolution originals too! 

I really think it's worth it! I'm getting married next September and I intend to see this through.  Check out their site www.trycapsule.com if you want to learn more. I've been emailing their support team and they're super responsive!
  • Hi All! 

I totally get your concerns on price. I've been doing some research on alternatives to disposable cameras, and I found wedding snap. BUT my sister just got married last weekend and she used a different company called Capsule.  It's a similar idea, and the basic package also costs $99. But I have to say it was priceless going through the capsule the next day and seeing all the candid moments that went on during the reception we had NO idea about! It was like having 200 photographers at her wedding.  I compared Capsule with Wedding Snap, and unlike Wedding Snap you have unlimited photo storage FOREVER (vs. just a year), AND you can download full-resolution originals too! 

I really think it's worth it! I'm getting married next September and I intend to see this through.  Check out their site www.trycapsule.com if you want to learn more. I've been emailing their support team and they're super responsive!
  • Hi Guys, 

I'm Sheelvrat, Marketing Manager at Wedding Party.  As mentioned above, our app is completely free and you can go ahead and create your own customized version here at www.weddingpartyapp.com.  If you're having ANY trouble or have any questions feel free to contact me directly at sheelvrat(at)weddingpartyapp.com!  

Cheers!

Sheelvrat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards