Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Pictures getting ready?

We are debating whether we should have our photographers there while we are getting ready - at the salon, etc.  Obviously it saves money to not have them but I was wondering if it was worth it?

Re: Pictures getting ready?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thought it was worth it.  It is a great opportunity to capture special moments like the excitement of putting your dress on, your mom helping you with your veil, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree that it's good to have these pictures, to see the emotions going in to the whole day, and to capture moments. However, I didn't have the photographer come to the salon for my wedding, but my bridesmaids took turns with the camera while other girls were getting their hair done, and I included those in our wedding album. The "professional" (he sucked, which is why I'm using quotes) met us at my house after we left the salon so he got pictures of us finishing getting ready and getting dressed there.
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    worth it if:
    1. you enjoy 'detail' pictures like your dress, bracelet, beading, etc
    2. you want to have some time with your photog before the day actually starts
    3. you want a few cute pictures of you and your ladies!
    4. you want good quality shots of you getting ready

not worth it if:
    1. you have someone in the family who will be there anyway and can take good pictures
    2. its a HUGE expense
    3. you're embarassed to have that part of your day documented

...personally, i think its completely worth it to have those precious moments of nerves and excitement with your girls! =D  it sounds like you have 2 shooters......perhaps you can save a little money by having 1 shooter at the 'getting ready' point, and then 2 for the rest of the day?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards