July 2012 Weddings
Options

MeaganR12 and other Northern CA PPL

Hey! You might remember that I'm doing my HM in SF and Napa area. We are going for 4 nights, and we still have one night that is completely unplanned (no hotel or any other kind of reservations made).

We are doing the first and last night in SF, and the third night in Napa, but we're debating where to go for the second night. We are thinking about finding a B&B or smaller boutique hotel in the Napa Valley but not right in Napa. I was just wondering if you had any recommendations for either an area to look at hitting up or specific lodging. We are just looking for a relaxing trip, nothing too crazy or fancy. TIA!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MeaganR12 and other Northern CA PPL

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Calistoga is really nice. I think it's technically still in Napa Valley but it's more low-key and laid-back than Napa itself. It's famous for it's natural hot springs and spa treatments, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for. 

My family used to go here:

every year and we loved it. It's super reasonable too, at least by 'napa' standards. My grandparents went this past January and said it was newly renovated and looking great! 

Sonoma county, St. Helena, and Yountville (this is where Domaine Chandon is!) are also great, but I have no experience staying overnight in any of those. If you're staying IN Napa, for one night, then I would definitely consider Calistoga or one of those I mentioned for the other night. Napa has a very cute small city/town feel to it with amazing restaurants and shopping, while the others have more of a true 'wine country' feel. If I only had a few days I would want to experience both. 

Also, if you're planning on driving across the Golden Gate bridge, or into Marin County at all I definitely recommend going to Muir Woods. 

I grew up here so I never quite understood the wow factor that giant redwoods have; but whenever my FI's family or friends visit us, this is always one of their favorite things.

Hope I helped a little :) 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, very helpful! I have heard Calistoga is wondeful from several people now, so I think we'll look into that area.

I'm glad that you find Napa worth seeing. I have heard kind of mixed things about it, but we received as a wedding gift a certificate for a really nice restaurant there so that kind of decided it for us.

Thanks Meagan!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards