Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Adult ONLY Dinner!

I need some advice here on this.  My ceremony is going to more courthouse then chapel, so we are not having a "normal" rehearsal dinner.  Instead I want just the bridal party to come over (including spouses) for some hamburger, hot dogs, and a case of beer.  So how do tell my soon to be sister-in-law/brides maid she can not bring the kids?  (the Groom being quoted "I'm staying out of this, since I am not paying for anything")

Re: Adult ONLY Dinner!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this the night before your wedding?  You could tell her that you'd like to have a quiet dinner to just relax a bit, and for you, that means no kids.  You can ask that she doesn't bring the kids, but you can't demand that she come, and she might opt not to attend if the kids aren't invited.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't let your fi off the hook so easily. This is his sister and he should handle the situation.

• Options
    edited December 2011

"Is this the night before your wedding?"  No, and there are no kids in the wedding party.  But we are allowing parents to bring their children to the reception if they want.  Oh, I am not worried that she may have problem finding a sister, she has 2 other children 16 and 22 who can baby sit.  The child in question is 8, but acts very you for her age. 

• Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that your FI should be getting involved bc it is his sister.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards