Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower vs. Wedding Shower

Re: Bridal Shower vs. Wedding Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do not plan your own showers. That is not appropriate.
    If someone else wants to plan one for you, then they have control over the size and type of shower they want to throw. They will probably ask you or your mom for a guest list. You may only give input, if asked.

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-vs-wedding-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:09326886-f26b-43cb-af2e-e305f1828488Post:dbc30cd6-cda6-4044-9d41-ae497922c122">Bridal Shower vs. Wedding Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are  thinking of having two showers. One that would be more of a bridal shower with the typical bridal shower type games with only women involved. This one would be for women in both familes, friends of the family etc. But we're also thinking of having a wedding shower that both my fiance and I would attend. This one would be more for friends and maybe some close family members and would take place closer to where we live wheras the other one would be closer to where my parents live. I want to do this so that we can get more of his friends/co-workers involved because it seems that it would be a bit weird to invite them to the shower that only I would attend. I also like the idea of a wedding shower so that we can share something like this together instead of me just having bridal showers.  Anyway, the first question I have is what kind of things do you typically do at co-ed wedding showers. And my second question is who should we invite to the wedding shower (both male and female friends etc)? If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about wedding/bridal showers let me know! Thanks! 
    Posted by ashley.lybrink@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but what comes to mind immediately is that you don't get to plan ANY showers for yourself:  women only or co-ed.

A shower is a gift that someone throws FOR you.  If no one offers, you don't get a shower.

Finally, if someone does offer to throw you a shower and asks you for a guest list, proper etiquette is that only people invited to the wedding are invited to showers.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    WGachesWGaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FMIL's friends hosted a bridal shower for us this weekend, and they wanted to do a couples shower, but just so they could see FI (they hadn't seen him in years). We didn't want a couples shower and suggested that it be a bridal shower, and FI would attend. He was completely comfortable with this, and it was his idea. The ladies loved it, and they loved getting to see him before the wedding...so, that's an idea. It doesn't have to be a "wedding" shower or a "couples" shower...just do what works.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards