Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dress Fitting Timeline...Help Please!

I'm hoping to get some advice on when to get fitted for my dress...

So here's the situation...I currently live on the East Coast to attend grad school and will not be home in Dallas until Christmas (where my dress is).  So I've made an appointment with Becky Fowler, but am wondering since my wedding is July 2011...is this TOO soon to be fitted?  There is the possibility I may be home for a week in March 2011, but after that I absolutely won't be back home until June 1, 2011.  And that at point, I'm worried this may be too late to have the fitting done and get my bridal portraits taken in time. 

Also, Becky told me she usually does only one fitting.  For those of you who have already had your dress altered by Becky...did you find that everything was perfect and you didn't need a second fitting?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Re: Dress Fitting Timeline...Help Please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should be fine with your current appointment considering the circumstances.

You could always have it fitted in December with any and all major work, and then try it on in March when you are here.  If you need any minor adjustments you can make another appointment for the beginning of June.

Becky is amazing and super quick with her work.  I only had one fitting but did not have any major changes made so I am not sure about the # of fittings.
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, december is not too soon (unless you are planning on losing a lot of weight or something). if you are SURE you will be home in march, then i would do it then, but if you're not certain, just go with december-- i'm sure you'll have other things to worry about doing in march!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally would not want to get fitted in December and not try the dress on again until June, although that does still leave you a month for adjustments.  And yeah you are cutting it close on bridals too--I would talk to your photographer to make sure you can get the pictures back in time.  But if that is your situation, there's not much you can do.  Also keep in mind that June is the height of wedding season and Becky will be busy -- although she is so wonderful I can't imagine her not fitting you in (so to speak!)

Just some things to think about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you try contacting Becky and explaing her your situation? It's always great to let whoever is doing alterations know your situation. That way she can put her advice in. If she's very fast and is able to do it, you may even be able to wait til June to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your weight is pretty consitent than I think your time line would work great.
    If your a gal who's weight goes up and down through out the year as some women's do... then It might be a little soon .

If you are pretty predictable weight wise then I think its plenty fine and its not too soon. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    michelle227michelle227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thank you all!  I'll contact Becky to see what she says.  My photographer already knows my time frame and told me we can do the pics early June and she can have them ready in time for the wedding.  And I'm not too worried about my weight, I stay pretty much the same plus or minus about 3 pounds and work out approx 4x a week.  I'll probably be working out a litte more come next year, but I won't be going through any drastic changes! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards