Pre-wedding Parties
Options

from the bride,,regarding her bachlorette party

So my bridesmaids are planning on going to atlantic city for the weekend which is about 2hours away. They will not let me pay for anything even though the hotel is pricey and their are 5 bridesmaids. I also will have friends from work coming only Saturday for the party. I feel as the bride I sould give every one something for coming and paying for everything. I was thinking shot glasses that say bridesmaid and a small bottle of liquor. Does any one have any ideas as the brides job in all of this? Should I get them something and if so what! Help

Re: from the bride,,regarding her bachlorette party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would get a hostess gift, and give it to them after the fact.  My sister hosted my shower/b-party, and I bought her concert tickets.  That would be insane for 5 girls, but how about giving them each a nice TY note and a favorite liquor after the fact?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First they will not want bridesmaid shot glasses . If you must get shot glasses get ones that do not say anything wedding related. Your job is to have fun, be gracious, be thankful and have funYou do not and should not really be giving them something here it is alkward and kinda raining on their parade of getting you a great gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that as the bride your job is to show up and have a good time. A nice thank you note after the fact would be nice but I wouldn't feel like you need to get them something. Personally I would feel awkward if the bride gave me a thank you gift for something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards