Pre-wedding Parties
Options

need help! bridal shower game-get to know the bride

i'm throwing a shower for a bride that has kind of an unusual wedding (simple ceremony here, getting married in costa rica, long honeymoon, etc).  anyway, i want to play a game that involves her sharing her plans for people that might not know, but want it to be more creative than just her telling her plans.  any suggestions??thanks!

Re: need help! bridal shower game-get to know the bride

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Make sure only those actually invited to the wedding are invited to teh shower 2. nobody likes shower games and seriously anything she wants  to say or not say about her plans is her place not yours. Showers are closest pals and so they have probably heard the details already 3. serve great food and drinks andskip games and people will have fun
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  Skip the games~they're lame and uncomfortable.  Just let people mingle.  If people are close enough to the bride to be invited to a shower for her, they should either already know about her plans, or be close enough to ask Aunt Susie or cousin Sharon about it.I am intrigued though by the part of your post:   "simple ceremony here, getting married in costa rica".Is the simple ceremony here a wedding?  Because then she's already married before she gets to Costa Rica isn't she?She's having two weddings?Oh, and ditto ff:  be sure you only invite people to the shower who are invited to the wedding-or, I guess to one of the weddings.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you can only invite people to the shower that are invited to the actual wedding, all the shower guests should already know the wedding plans by the time they get there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the games i have played involved the bride and groom to answer a certain amount of questions... color of eyes, favorite food, honeymoon location, first date, etc... the questions were read aloud and then at the end the answers were given. Who ever got the most right got a prize. Another game I enjoyed and hopefully will have at mine was put together like this. The host brings out a piggy bank. The bride and grooms first together… then the first person says I have never… I have never gotten married. The bank is past around to everyone one. If they had been married they would put a penny / change in the bank. Everyone gets a turn to say I have never… even the bride. This was the funniest game I have ever played and you get to know a little about everyone.    
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards