Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

What was Your RSVP/Response Rate?

So as I am trying to finalize the guest list and trying to guesstimate who will actually come, I wanted to check with you OMH and those brides who have already sent out invites to see what your response rate has been.

Most of what I read says that typically 20% of those you invite don't attend, but as I look at people's tickers, it actually seems to be higher than that.

Appreciate the insight!!

Re: What was Your RSVP/Response Rate?

• edited December 2011
    As everyone will say, it varies for each wedding.  We invited around 222 and had 118 rsvp yes, 53%.  We also had a lot of out of town guests invited (65%), which of course is harder to make due to costs of plane tickets and hotels.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 30% RSVP no.  But we also had some last minute cancellations and 9 no-shows.  Plus we invited people we knew wouldn't attend, like people that lived in Austraila and Canada.  We ended up at 60/40 when all was said and done.
  • edited December 2011

We invited somewhere between 90-95 people I think and had 70 show up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 130.  85-ish showed up.  105 rsvp'd yes.
  • edited December 2011
    There is no typical rate of "no's".

We invited about 200, only about 50 or so responded at all and between 50-60 showed up and we had 2 no shows. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ours are still being worked out!
  • edited December 2011
    We invited 153, I believe, and had 70 Yes RSVPs. So ... 45% said yes. (I have no idea how many people no-showed, if any, out of those 70.)

But we planned for the full number of people we invited. In fact, our venue could only hold 155 seated, so we cut down our 200+ guest list to just that number.

Kind of crazy that we went from a big wedding to a small one. But I am so glad the way it turned out.
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @MarieSD --> your situation is mine exactly. We can't hold more than 200, and our invite list is more than that, but we've cut as much as we can. We've had the families include in their lists they provide us if they think the invited guest will attend to try and help us get a better "guess", but I know that's all it is. At then end of the day, I'd be perfectly happy if we had a higher percent not come!! It'd save us a lot of money!!
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @winchic24 -- We cut our list to 169 (cut out a few people and all children) and hoping 145 or less show up. Venue said that was all they had seats for. Worse case scenario we have to bring in extra chairs and tables! You should check with La Buena Vida about that. I really wanted a wedding of more like 125 (that's what I originally budgeted for!), we'll just have to wait and see.
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our reception, we are at approximately:
    -52% attending
    -27% not attending*
    -21% no response

*some of these are actually OOT folks that are attending our ceremony in Las Vegas - we invited a total of about 50 to Vegas (WP, immediate family, a few close family friends and close OOT family)
  • edited December 2011
    Right now 3 days out and we have:

57% attending
    43% declined

We only had a handful of OOTers and we sent out STDs. We've also had 10 people in the last week let us know that they will no longer be attending because of some other thing that came up that they would rather do. SOO we've paid for 100 guests and have 90 showing up. We'll see on Sunday how many no-shows we have!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 157 Invited image 95 Attending image 60 Declined image 2 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 18th
  • edited December 2011
    We've had about 75% RSVP yes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invited 104, 97 said yes.  95 attended.
This discussion has been closed.