Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who's throwing my fiance's stag?!

Ok so my fiance's BM is his son who is 14 so he obviously is not gong to.His brother is unreliable and i would truely be scared so he is not. So we asked my brother months ago and i thought was excited about it. Just a few weeks ago i asked him about it and he said he forgot.Now he's acting like he doesnt want to do it which is fine but when i try to give him an excuse not to he tries to come up with other idea's. But the reason we want a stag is to help a little financially.So I said well lets do it together and he says" well i only know like 5 people he's friends with and 5 people i can get to come" So i said we'd have people from work, my family his family and his friends. And i asked if i should make a list of people who would maybe buy tickets. He says" it's not just tickets then you have to get them to buy raffle tickets". I'm like ok- "What do you wanna do then?"  He says - make me a list.I text him today telling him how many-no response.Do i just take over?Is that ok?

Re: Who's throwing my fiance's stag?!

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you guys need a little help financially then I'd try to save in other ways.

I'm from CT too and I understand that there are some stags out there designed to raise money for the couple but I really don't like the practice..at all.  It's rude to turn your wedding into a fundraiser and it's just not appropriate to ask your guests to help finance it.

Absolutely DO NOT take over.  Frankly, I would decline the idea of any 'for sale' party altogether.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One post and this is what it is?  Sounds like MUD.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about? Is a stag like a bachelor party? What do you mean 'buy tickets?' I am from Chicago... Must not be too popular here.
    From what Banana says, seems like some sort of event to raise money for the wedding? Please explain what this party actually entails and I'll see if I can get ya a little more of a decent opinion!
  • Options
    MAMA41206MAMA41206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What the heck is a stag?
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A stag is a bachelor party. Depending on where you live the names are both used. Instead of going out together or away somewhere sometimes the bridal party (guys) will "host" a party where they sell tickets to guests. The ticket would include their dinner and drinks. (and sometimes raffles) Then once there they might play cards (gamble) or similar things. A lot of people do use them to make money but sometimes they're just a big party.

OP Don't have one at all. If you need to raise money save longer or cut back somewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Stags are the worse idea ever!! How dare you expect your friends/family to pay money to go to a party just so you can get money for your wedding!! Its insulting and I would never attend one!! If you need more money for your wedding, have a longer engagement to have more time to save, get a second job, or plan a smaller wedding!
    I hate that people come up with all kinds of ridiculous ideas just because they're getting married!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards