Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Can I wear black and white to my bridal shower?

My bridal shower is this Sunday and I've been looking around for something cute yet semi-casual to wear since it is supposed to be a 'surprise' shower (someone accidently told me about it) and I am invited to a 'BBQ/pool party' that day.  I wrote another post about it and got some advice (Thanks ladies!).  All the ladies suggested a summery dress, so I bought this dress and am going to pair it with black capri length leggings since it is a little short.  I got an amazing deal, the dress and leggings only cost me $21!  Anyway, my question is, is it ok to wear black and white to my bridal shower?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I wear black and white to my bridal shower?

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course you can wear black and white to your bridal shower! That dress is super cute and what a great deal, congrats! :0)
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's perfectly fine. You can wear whatever you'd like to your shower!

I wore black pants and a cream top to mine.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why couldn't you?  You're overthinking this.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Summerkutie!  I was stoaked; the dress was originally $49 and it was marked down to $9.  I felt like Christmas morning when I saw the price tag lol.

Trix1223, I agree, I think I was over thinking it too.  Lately on blogs I've been noticing a lot of women wearing all white dresses or light pinks/purples, that's what made my question having so much black in my outfit, but now I realize it doesn't matter. 

Thanks ladies, you all made me feel better; now I'm super excited to wear it :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It is so cute, even more so now that I know you only paid $9 for it.  Some women get into the whole 'I'm a bride, I get to wear white" thing.......like you can't wear white every day of the year if you want.  The light colors are what the fashion industry tells us we are to wear to summer parties. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't personally look good in white, which is why I got an ivory wedding gown, and therefore I will be wearing whatever I am comfortable in for any showers or parties that are thrown in my honor.
    Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why would it matter what you wear? It's just a shower, you can wear whatever you want.

P.S. - the dress is super cute.
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sure hope so, since I wore black and white to my shower!
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    sabatronsabatron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower is this Sunday too, copycat. :)  I was just thinking about what I was going to wear to mine and I think I'll probably just wear a summery sun dress. I was going to go out and buy a white dress to wear, but that just seems a little cliche.
    Scrabble high score: 531
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's YOUR shower, wear whatever you like :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards