Pre-wedding Parties

I found out the date of my shower.

I just found out the date of my shower. One of his family members accidentally told me tonight, but the date is only 2 weeks before the actual wedding.
Isn't it a bit pointless to have a shower so close to the wedding? I feel that it is very rude to the guests to have 2 events where people feel obligated to give gifts or cash so close together. The invites have already been sent but I just feel like its to late and don't know what to do.

Re: I found out the date of my shower.

• I'm in the same boat... his mom wanted to do it in September (november wedding) but since with FI and my's schedule leaves only one open weekend (it's a Jack and Jill shower), naturally it would conflict with his parents' college football season tickets they bought a few weeks ago, and we were the ones being unreasonable and unflexable.  So it got pushed out to late October, and we're being pushed to register for more stuff now that we are having one, I feel like we're just looking greedy o.O  Yes, drive almost three hours to bring us a present and three weeks later do it again!! ;p I'm happy we're getting one but it seems so close to me.  And I know everyone has their own lives and your wedding is never as important to anyone else as it is to you, but with how busy everyone can be, let's just say I'm already starting to plan my own bachelorette party :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's not bad.   One of my showers was two months before the wedding and another was 3 weeks before.

Guests know how to budget so they'll plan accordingly.

• Just smile and enjoy.  Since "it's a surprise" you don't even have to worry about it.  The day will not reflect badly on you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didnt want my shower too close to the wedding but now it's being planned in 3 weeks and not sure if people will have enough notice.  Some invites went out today,...the rest will go out by next weekend.  I hope its enough noticefor people but my bm had to plan it around fmil's schedule and she will be gone all of October.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards