Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

New to TheKnot and engaged life!

Hi everyone!

I'm Elle, and my fiances name is Aaron!

I've been lurking on the boards for quite awhile now... just preparing to get engaged - so I feel like I know a lot of you already! I just got engaged two weeks ago, and have already just dived into planning, and wanted to introduce myself and start posting on here!

My FI proposed by planning a whole big day for our anniversary, but I had no idea about any of the day. He started by taking me to Spoons in McKinney. After that he took me to get a massage, facial, and my nails done... and then said he'd pick me up afterwards. After I was done my best friend was there and she took me to the mall to go shopping - where he had given her money to buy me an outfit! After that she took me to the DryBar to get my hair done... and then back to my apartment to get ready. He left a card and flowers telling me to get ready and be ready for him to pick me up for dinner! He picked me up, and we had dinner on top of Reunion Tower. I realized there was no one around us in our section, which I thought was weird... and then he 'forgot' his wallet. So he went all the way back down to get his wallet, which he told me later was because he couldn't fit in the ring box in his pocket since it was so big! So he had to go get it so it wouldn't be obvious the whole dinner. He got back, paid, and then he started just telling me how much he loved me, and all that mushy stuff - and then proposed! After that I found out we had a hidden photographer! After all that we left... and there was a house and carriage to pick us up :)

Sorry if that was so incredibly long... imagine me trying to say that to everyone of my friends that ask. It's been quite a tounge twister. 

I've already booked the Bella Donna Chapel & The Grand Hotel Ballroom in McKinney for August 2nd, 2013.. as well as Stephanie Brazzle for my photographer! I'm so excited to start planning... and would love ANY input! I'm hoping someone could tell me a great 3-5 piece live band they would reccomend? :)

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New to TheKnot and engaged life!

• No clue about a good band, but congrats and welcome!

• Congratulations!  You are off to a great start already--that is a beautiful venue and you have a good photographer.  560 was where DH and I went for our first and second anniversary.  Do you have the pic of your proposal you can share?

I can't help with the band but hopefully someone else can and we also have a vendor sticky you can look through.  Happy planning!

• Congrats! I LOVE your proposal story...sounds like there were so many thoughtful details that he planned (which is rare for guys), so he must have really wanted it to be special!

Also, YAY for Stephanie - she was my photog, too! :) As far as a bands go, I think Carrie (Cwaggoner) used Signature band and I believe she was pretty happy with them. We looked into Identity Theft and they were amazing! However, I debated over if they were worth the money or not (or if any band was, really) and someone else ended up snatching them up, but I definitely suggest checking them out.
    Anniversary
  • Here's a few pictures... the photographer only got the back of my head! But still a great memory to have!

My ring:

Proposal:

Thanks all for the congrats, and for some suggestions! I'll start looking into them :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oooh Handsome! That ring is beautiful as well!
  • Congrats and welcome!! I can't see any of the pics (stupid blocked sites at work) but everything sounds like it was lovely! You will definitely find the boards helpful.
  • Congratulations and welcome to the boards!  Everyone on here was a HUGE help for me as I planned our weeding last year.  

Let us know what else you need!!
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    Yes, we used Signature Band, and I would HIGHLY recommend them. It was super hard to come across reviews for them online, but I can personally vouch for them! Before I told them I had a day-of coordinator, he had already set a schedule for the evening (very on top of things). When I told him I had a DOC taking care of the timeline he took her schedule and followed it perfectly. We sent them MP3's of some of the songs they couldn't play (first dance, intro songs, etc.) and we never had a problem with any of them.
    Also, last minute, one of H's frat brothers wanted to dedicate a song from a movie (very random song) they used to tease him with in college. He had it on his iphone, and went and talked to the band and they played it, all in the course of about 5 minutes.
    I can't say enough good things about them, they were just awesome, and the most affordable 5 piece band I could find in Dallas.

ETA: Click on the link in my siggy and there are some pics of them I think, for what it helps.
  • congrats!! you are way ahead of the game and off to a great start!! :) FI and I have had numerous dinners at Ricks at the Grand and the food is amazing!! :)

• Welcome to the board and congrats!  Hooray also on having the biggest checks done already!
  • Hi and welcome! I love the Bella Donna Chapel! So pretty! I also love the Grand Hotel- stayed there for a wedding I was a BM in- great choices. Congrats on the engagement! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards