Pre-wedding Parties
Options

When to give shower hostess her 'thank you' gift?

My bridal shower is tomorrow and I've gotten cute gifts for the two hostesses. My question is when do I give them ? I assumed the day of the shower, but now I'm wondering...you typically give someone a card with a gift. Do I include my thank you note, written in advance of the shower? It seems more appropriate to wait to write the thank you until after the shower so I can include details and specifics, so then I would wait to give the gift when I give the card, right? Unless of course I gave the gifts with a broad 'thank you for hosting my shower' note, and waited to write another thank you later that touched on specifics. Of note--I don't see the hostesses often & they don't live closeby so arranging another meeting isn't easy. Clearly I'm overthinking this. guidance please :)

Re: When to give shower hostess her 'thank you' gift?

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I handed out the bridal shower hostess gifts at the end of my shower. I wrote a handwritten thank you, and just thanked them for everything they did with planning my beautiful shower and included it with the gifts to them.

Enjoy your shower tomorrow! :0)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would give it to them at the end of the shower. What did you get them? Mine is in a few weeks and I haveno idea what to get them...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I ended up giving them to them before the shower began, when it was just us there and we had a quiet, private moment. Truthfully at the end of the shower things were so crazy hectic with cleaning up and loading gifts into the car that I was glad I had already done it.

I got them really cute handmade aprons that I found on etsy. I found one to suit each of their personalities and I think they really liked them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards