Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehersal Dinner

Hey ladies, i've been working on my guest list for my rehersal dinner. We have room for up to 50 people and my wedding party is pretty small, 10 people total including me, fh, ring bearer, and flower girl. I've looked pretty far back at older post and couldn't find this question so if its a repeat, i'm sorry. My question is who all gets invited? i know wedding party, spouses, parents, grandparents, but more specifically. If i have my god-father and god-son (father and son pair) do the gifts do I invite their whole family, wife and two other children? Also if my FH's cousin is single and doing a reading, does she bring a guest? My sister is single and my MOH, does she get a quest? How about the servers at the wedding? They are used to doing weddings/masses, so they know the drill, but they are close family friends (were flowergirls in my sisters wedding) and their parents are most likely doing a reading at the wedding. Last but not least, out of town guest? From what I hear its a personal preference type thing but any thoughts would be appriciated. We don't have that many OOT guest. We don't have that many so it wouldn't be a big deal to add them on, just curious what other brides were doing.

Re: Rehersal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Standardly it is bridal party, their SOs, parents of RB/FG, immediate family (parents, grandparents, siblings, and officiant. Inviting OOT guests is entirely up to you. If people are single, they are invited as is generally.

Our RD is just immediate family, bridal party and their SOs, and our officiant. Most of our guest list is OOT so we're not paying for any of them to join us. I did have my mother pass along to my extended family that they are welcome to come, but FMIL could not afford to pay for them
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that if anyone at the RD is bringing a guest to the wedding, that guest should also be invited to the RD.  Definitely invite the godfather's wife.  Inviting the other kids would also be nice (depending on how old they are).  Inviting out of town guests is really up to you.  I'm not planning to do it because 90% of our guest list is out of town, so it would basically be everybody.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Should we invite our MC to the rehersal as well?
    We have been treating him as part of the BP and he is my oldest friend, just couldn't squeeze in another groomsman so asked him to contribute this way.
    Also, the party is at my FMIL's house so I do not want to overwhelm or invade her.
    Any thoughts are most welcome:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards