Pre-wedding Parties

Please help! Can not find R Dinner location

My wedding is in less than 2 months and we have yet to choose a location for our rehearsal dinner. Here is the run down:

We are getting married at The Resort at Pelican Hill, the resort is not available for our rehearsal dinner (annoying right?)

We are having a very lavish wedding and do not want to break the bank on the R dinner. I was thinking something fun and casual like pizza, a gastropup or Thai food.

We would like to stay in the area of Newport Coast, Laguna Beach, or Corona Del Mar.

We have already been turned down by several places because of our party size (40) or because they are already booked.

Please do you have any suggestion??
imageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot

Re: Please help! Can not find R Dinner location

• edited December 2011
    Why not plan a backyard BBQ or pizza party at your house, your parents, or someone who lives in the area? It'll be cheaper and will capture the laid-back atmosphere it seems like you're going for.
    "We float like two lovers in a painting by Chagall..."
  • edited December 2011
    Pelican Hill is so beautiful, Im sorry they cant take your party! : (
    Im guessing you already called Royal Thai on PCH. (?)

• edited December 2011
    I think that we are going to be having our Rehersal Dinner at someone's home.  It will be fun, casual and we may be able to save a little bit of money & be able to invite more out of town guests.  It is a good option to consider...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's.. have a backyard RD. That's what we did and we loved it so much more than going to a restaurant. The next day is stressful and fancy enough, it's so nice to have a more relaxed and casual RD the evening before.

My mom and my aunt planned a lovely caribbean bbq for our RD. We rehearsed in the backyard, and there were tents set up in the event of rain and afterwards we enjoyed ribs, chicken, shrimp, various salads, cornbread, etc.. and they also had out various bottles of wine and beer and a rum punch to go with the theme.
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old Spaghetti Factory in Newport is great for parties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards