Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

HELP, need a caterer with a million dollar insurance policy!!!

My wedding date is Oct 9th.  I found this lovely venue that matches my wedding colors perfectly and I got the spot for a good price.  My problem is finding an affordable caterer that has a million dollar policy. Do you guys know of anyone that has such a thing that is close to the Lewisville/Flower Mound area??? The venue has a caterer that they prefer but the pice is too much once they started adding 20% service fee, $3 bucks for a beverage station per person, and two wait staff.  Those charges alone added $1500 bucks to the price of $2700 for food the food! Am I going crazy, is that reasonable, I have no clue?
MelJ Wedding Countdown Ticker image 218 Invited so far!
image 134 Are ready to party!
image 17 Will be missing out!
image 67 Are MIA!

Re: HELP, need a caterer with a million dollar insurance policy!!!

• Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's reasonable or not depends on how many people and what you're feeding...  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We have 175ppl and it is an Itlian rest.. we are serving chck marsala with penne pasta, bread, and sauteed mixed vegetables

image 67 Are MIA!
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The 20% fee was added to every single quote I got that I can remember.  I'll go out on a limb and say that cost isn't bad at all for 175 people....  $24 per person and I didn't find any place with a lower per-person cost than that.  Maybe I'm reading something incorrectly?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is very reasonable for 175 people.  It's $15 pp for food.... 18 pp if you count the beverage station before tax and service feed.   I didn't see anything even close to that personally.  The least I remember seeing was $24 per person before tax and 20% service charge, not including any beverages.

I also didn't receive any quotes that did not also include a 20% service charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try CRO Catering they have Italian options.

http://www.caterdallas.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP that sounds very reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys just wasn't sure about the price..not sure about today's cost of a wedding and how things should go so this is all a learning exp for me!!
    Thanks once again for your comments and advice
    image 67 Are MIA!
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This price is reasonable, but if you're anything like me I want to find something better. And I almost always found something better. Try Cliff's Star Catering, CN Catering, and Aspen Catering. They all have the million dollar insurance (which most caterering companies do have) and they can do better than what you mentioned. Good luck!
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Sissys Catering--we're using her and I think she has a 1 million insurance policy. I'm not totally sure, but our venue required all the certifications. She is very reasonable, although the price you were quoted for the first caterer doesn't sound too bad. Try celebrations restaurant catering as well
  • Options
    jimmyloramjimmyloram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could get your own insurance.  Insurance can be very affordable! This site: Wedding Insurance has some ideas for you.  Try RV Nuccio...they have great rates.  Good Luck!
    http://get-wedding-insurance.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards