Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower party favors...

My MOH is throwing me a bridal shower in April and has asked me about things I want. She asked me what kinds of favors I'd like at the shower... to be honest, I never knew showers had favors!

Our wedding is going to have a photo booth and candy bar as favors. I'm not really sure what type of favors should be given at a shower? Advice?

(oh, and I've only been to one bridal shower before and they didn't have favors, so I feel totally clueless here...)

Re: Bridal Shower party favors...

• Options
    I've never been to a bridal shower with favors. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In our area, a very simple favor is given as a token of thanks for attending the shower.  It is always edible, and tied into the theme of the shower.  My daughter's favor was zebra striped cookies; for my DIL it was chocolate shaped shoes.  I have received wooden spoons where the bowl of the spoon was filled with M & M's and wrapped in tulle.  I have also received small boxes of chocolates and candied apples.

It was nice of her to ask for your suggestions  If it is not something to which you are accustomed,  and it is not what your family typically does, thank her and tell her you don't think it will be necessary.
  • Options
    My sister choose liquor filled candy bottles for my shower. It was a big hit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You also could do something seasonal.  I went to a winter shower & they gave out mugs with hot cocoa.  I also went to a spring shower & they gave out flower seeds (I loved that idea personally).  I've also seen stationary and candles.  But like everyone above said, they aren't necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards