Pre-wedding Parties

Huge Destination Bachelorette Party--advice?

My bridesmaids are throwing me a Vegas bachelorette party, which I'm super excited about. I sent them a list of a few other close friends to invite, and I have been completely shocked by the response. We are already up to 15 people who have booked flights and are definitely coming...with six more who have written back like "count me in!"

While I'm beyond flattered and excited that so many people are willing to open their wallets and fly out to Vegas for the event, I'm becoming concerned about how we are going to manage such a HUGE group of girls.

Any advice? I thought about a "buddy system." so we can keep track of everyone.

Re: Huge Destination Bachelorette Party--advice?

• I don't know why you would need a buddy system, to be honest.  I'm sure whoever is planning your party has made arrangements for events that for the most part will keep all of you together.  Besides, if someone wants to skip out and go shopping then you should let them.

That being said, if you're going out getting sloshed every night, then yes, you all might want to figure out a way to make sure everyone's accounted for and safe at the end of the night.  
  • I'd probably plan out a few "major" events, like a dinner, a show (Chippendales? Thunder From Down Under?), and a club night. That way, everyone can get themselves there and know what's going on for the major times you want to be together. Other than that, I'd leave it casual. With 20ish people, you aren't going to all be able to go to brunch together, then go to the pool together, then go shopping together. That's a little nutty. Also, if it's just a few "major" events, you can plan cabs (tell the front desk you'll need 4 cabs, for example), rather than trying to coordinate transportation for people ALL the time. I'm sure some girls are better friends than others, so they'll naturally probably split up if someone wants to go to the pool and someone wants to go to M&M world. Also, if it's just a few things, people don't have to worry about not wanting to spend a ton of money shopping or on the nice place someone else wants to go for lunch, you know? It's easier to budget if you know you'll only be spending X amount on things like drinks and/or show tickets.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Like Mery said, I would plan a few big things, but otherwise just like the girls do their own thing. It would be unrealistic to go EVERYwhere in a group of 20 people, and undoubtedly some girls will prefer some activities to others. Not everyone may be staying the same amount of days either. I would talk to whoever is planning the party and see what they had in mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • You don't have to manage anybody.  You're all adults.  Plan 1 or 2 groups events and that's all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think people will naturally stick together. Unless you have friends who like to go off on their own, I doubt that people will stray from the big group, and if they do I'm sure they'll stay in a group together. 

They're all adults and can take care of themselves. I'd at most make sure everyone has each other's phone numbers in case someone gets separated. But I think you'll all be fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards