Pre-wedding Parties
Options

rehearsal dinner menu

we are having our rehearsal at a restaurant where they will let us pay per person and have a limited menu.  We get to go over the menu and pick a couple starters, several entrees, and desserts.  The restaurant will print up personal menus and everyone gets a three course meal.  Do you think this sounds okay instead of letting everyone pick whatever they want from the complete menu?
me and my two men image

Re: rehearsal dinner menu

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The RDs I've attended usually have a limited menu (like 2 or 3 entree choices).  Unless, you're having a small party for your RD like 10 guests, usually people don't get to choose from the full menu.  What you've described sounds perfectly fine.  The fact that the restaurant is printing up menus specially for you is nice.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds very nice.

• Options
    Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay; thank you :)  I've never been to a RD before and thought it sounded okay but didn't know if people would be surprised by it or thought it was cheap or anything.  Glad to hear that sounds common...
    me and my two men image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did this for our RD. It was easier because some things were pretty pricey, but everyone was still happy with the options that were available.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked at a restaurant that did a lot of RD's and that's what they all did. I think only one was ever able to let everyone order from the entire menu, but 99% of them had limited menus. =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards