Pre-wedding Parties
Options

bridal vs wedding shower

Is there a difference in a bridal shower and a wedding shower or is it two names for the same thing?  I kind of use them interchangeably but don't want to misinform anyone.
me and my two men image

Re: bridal vs wedding shower

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They can be used interchangably, but usually a bridal shower is just for the ladies of the family and female friends. A wedding shower can be co-ed where both the bride and groom are there and men are also invited.
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I consider them the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay, thank you.  I had been saying bridal shower but then my dad called and asked if it was a "bridal shower" or a "wedding shower" I was like uhhhhh.... He is under the impression that a bridal shower is only gifts for the bride where as a wedding shower is registry kind of things. I thought that sounded kind of odd.
    me and my two men image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a wedding shower. I think a wedding is about both people so I want my fiance there with me to open that gifts... after all they are his gifts, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-vs-wedding-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:2bfa927a-2f66-423d-8173-47a5c53f3e34Post:fc159b14-1f15-49c5-b747-f20de0f36cb9">Re: bridal vs wedding shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a wedding shower. I think a wedding is about both people so I want my fiance there with me to open that gifts... after all they are his gifts, too.
    Posted by heinz11msw[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, but I just don't think my FI would be too interested in them.  I told him when the shower is so that he can plan a day with his friends doing whatever without the girls around; I think he'll enjoy that a lot more ha
    me and my two men image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards