Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette party with just two people?

So there are only about four people I want to come to my bachelorette party, but only about two will probably come. Is this weird? I thought about inviting my mom, but people are saying you can't have your mom. I'm so confused. I really am not a huge partier, and don't really care about one last big bash, but one BM and my MOH seem to really want to plan one. Advice?

Re: Bachelorette party with just two people?

• Options
    bluedaisy2001bluedaisy2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes less is more..my friend only had three guests at hers and it was a total blast.  Easier to keep track of people of you are doing a pub crawl too!  Often small parties are the best so just have those people you want. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took a friend out for her bach party, just she and I.  We had dinner and then hit a couple bars.  It was still fun.

My bach party is five people, including me.  And it starts tonight!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A bach party doesn't have to be going out to bars, if that's not your thing...and it's fine if there are just three of you, regardless of what the "party" entails.  Who says you can't invite your mom??  That is crazy to me.  We're doing a limo wine tour for mine next week and my mom, FMIL, a couple aunts, my sister and a few friends are all coming. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can have your mom if you want! And it can be as few or as many people as you like. My MOH got married a couple years ago and she requested that her mom and a couple of the older generation ladies be invited to the first part of the bach party (Food, a couple drinks) and after that we headed out to get trashy! I enjoyed it so much I requested we do something similar, cuz I would love to include my mom a little since I'm very close to her.

If you'd prefer not to do a trashy night, and have a spa night or something like that, that's even more appropriate to have your mom to. just tell the planners that you're excited and that you'd like your mom to be included on the guest list and to do something mom-appropriate.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my bachelorette party, I've been told we're doing dinner (which my mom said she wanted to come to and I have a bridesmaid who will be 7 months pregnant at the time who can't go out drinking with us) and then we're hitting up Bourbon St. I think you could probably do something like dinner and have your mom and maybe FI's mom go to that and then go out with your girls after dinner. Just a thought.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forget the bars altogether. We're going to an 1800s re-created village where we'll make beeswax candles and wear costumes. Then we're going pole dancing and spelunking. I don't plan on drinking anything at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards