Pre-wedding Parties

engagement party help!

me and my bf want a small wedding but we have tons of extended family we are close to and also friends. so should we have an engagement party or a bridal shower with our family and friends and make it a fun cookout or something fit for men and women or should we skip it all together. just being curious.

Re: engagement party help!

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.

1) You should never host an engagement party or shower for yourself.

2) Anyone invited to a pre-wedding party must be invited to the wedding. 

3) When you decide you want an intimate wedding that also means you give large pre-wedding gatherings.
  • lakinrosslakinross member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok thank you. my sister asked me about it and i wasnt to sure about it. but thank you for the advice i took it all in. 
  • edited December 2011
    I say do what you want... throw party after party after party to celebrate it! People will come and enjoy if they are invited to the wedding or not and it doesn't matter who throws it for you... that is just me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_engagement-party-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:310067ce-5ee3-4111-a496-cff99d6cf204Post:d8aad54a-a66c-401c-9a22-248af2ad4621">Re: engagement party help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say do what you want... throw party after party after party to celebrate it! People will come and enjoy if they are invited to the wedding or not and it doesn't matter who throws it for you... that is just me
    Posted by Ksk2012[/QUOTE]

Yup.  It's just you.   This is bad advice and goes against appropriate decorum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards