Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Poll for the mag

It's a yes or no answer. 
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Poll for the mag

• Options
    ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not really necessary. It's fun if you have it, of course, but it's not going to make or break anything.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the RD is important because it's a dry run through of how everything will go the next day. If you don't rehearse you may run into problems during the actual wedding where your BP doesn't know what order they're in or where to stand and when to go, etc.. We had a larger BP so it was a great thing that we had a RD because we had to practice a few times before we all got it right. Also, it was nice to have a relaxing evening with our families and close friends the night before the actual wedding.

If you're going to have a rehearsal, it's common courtesy to also feed all your guests afterwards especially if some of them are OOT guests. It doesn't have to be a big meal at a fancy restaurant. In fact, DH and I enjoyed our backyard RD because it was much more relaxed than RD's we've attended at restaurants.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should host something even if you don't feel like you need a rehearsal. It's nice to get together with everyone on a stress free day where you have time to chat more than a few minutes. And it doesn't have to be expensive; pizza and BBQ RDs are some of the best that I have been to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a lot of OOT guests and won't have a lot of time to spend with them.  Our casual backyard RD will be perfect for getting in that extra time with them.  I voted no.
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards