Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette PartIES??

I have six bridesmaids, four of them are my age (22ish) and the other two are 16. My "of-age" girls want to throw me a small party with alcohol and dancing, etc. But I don't want my sister (MOH) and future-sister-in-law (who are the two under age girls) to feel left out. Should I let them plan me a a separate party or maybe the shower together? That way they can have some responsibility and can be involved, but aren't going to get into trouble by hanging out with the "big girls" so to speak.
FabMegB

Re: Bachelorette PartIES??

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they should be singled out, they just don't have to drink. They're 16 not 11 IMO. If the party is not at an over 18 or 21 location, they should be invited
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Compromise, compromise, compromise.  Find a way to have one party that includes everyone.  stage and loop have given you good suggestions.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd find a party that could include everyone.  A fondue place might be fun. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I say go out with your older girls for sure!!  If your sis and future sis-in-law are close enough to you to be in your wedding party, then they should be close enough to you to understand.  I was 15 when my sister got married years ago and we went out to dinner(which I went with them) and then they all went out and I went home.  I wasn't hurt in the least bit!  Remember it is your wedding time...do what makes you happy.

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:322ee77b-3f63-4ab2-b75f-d7939a15d410Post:eb8dfa44-62d6-461d-8612-196b82ba24f6">Re: Bachelorette PartIES??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say go out with your older girls for sure!!  If your sis and future sis-in-law are close enough to you to be in your wedding party, then they should be close enough to you to understand.  I was 15 when my sister got married years ago and we went out to dinner(which I went with them) and then they all went out and I went home.  I wasn't hurt in the least bit!  Remember it is your wedding time...do what makes you happy.
    Posted by MLizabc7[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.. the first time I was a BM I was only weeks away from my 21st birthday before the wedding and when the bride had her bachelorette I just went to dinner with everyone, but went home when they left to go bar hopping. I was fine with it and it didn't bother me at all.

If you want to go club or bar hopping or to any venue where you need to be of-age to enter and drink then make sure you have dinner or do a fun activity that can include everyone beforehand whether it is a spa day or just dinner with the girls before heading out on the town.
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Liz. You shouldn't have to compromise your night because the 2 gals are underage. Maybe do dinner so everyone can go, and then go to the bar with your friends.

Slightly mention this to your BM when they start to plan. It's not something you should jsut randomly tell them right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE: My fiance and I decided to do the new "hip" thing and have a party together. We and our wedding parties are having dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in Memphis on St. Patty's Day. After dinner and hanging out, our under-age siblings will head home and we will continue to go to a few different bars in the area! Thanks for all the advice. For the record, I was never planning on "making" them throw me a party, they offered and wanted to know where to go for everyone or if we should do two. Plus, it is the responsibility of the bridesmaids to throw me a party of some sort, from everything I've been told.
    FabMegB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards