Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Should I get a gift for my future Step Daughter?

My bridal shower is in a month, the wedding in 2 1/2 months.  My fiancee has an 8 year old daughter, and I'm trying to include her as much as I can so she feels a part of everything.  It's tough because we only have her a very limited amount of time.  I already know what gift I'm going to give her at the rehersal dinner for being in the wedding, but I was thinking maybe I should get her a special gift for the shower too?  I have no idea what it should be though.  What would you give an 8 year old at a bridal shower??  

Re: Should I get a gift for my future Step Daughter?

• Options
    I don't see how giving her a gift means you are including her. The bridal shower is for you and you should be the only person receiving gifts. Maybe ask the host of your shower if your step daughter can be included in another way, such as giving out favors to guests who win games (if you are playing games/giving gifts), or sitting next to you and helping you open the gifts if you want her to be involved.
  • Options
    My mother got remarried when I was 8. I went to her bridal shower and really had a good time with her. I wouldnt get her a gift for the bridal shower, however besides a gift for the rehersal dinner a great gift idea is incorporating a gift into the ceremony. After the rings, a unity necklace is a great idea. It shows that you are now a family and that you are taking her into your life and not just her father. My stepfather gave me a necklace after the ring portion of the ceremony, it made the ceremony extra special too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards