Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Engagement Party Drama

Ladies,
I could really use your help.  Originally we were not going to have an EP.  But my parents decided to throw us a small one capping it at  50 people.  25 for my side and 25 for fiancee.  He gave us a list of 48 people.  All of family.  His mom is 1 of 12.  He doesn't see the huge deal because he knows some won't show.  My parents are pissed with the list.  I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.  His mom does not have money so her paying the extra is out of the question.  What happens or what should I do?  We are meeting with him and his mom on Sunday hopefully.  I unfortunately do not see much coming from this meeting aside from arguing.  Please help!!!  BTW the party is on November 20, 2011
May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Party Drama

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honey, my parents said you could invite 25. Please help me cut this list down or they may wind up doing it for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can see the problem. He has to invite all or none of his aunts and uncles. Just from the mother's side that's about 24 guests. You can never count on them not showing up. He should limit the guest list to his immediate family or he should cover the costs for his side. Discuss it with him before you see meet with his mom.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that there really is no easy to do it, but you've got to explain to your fiance that his list needs to be limited to 25 people. It is very kind for your parents to throw this party and turning it into an argument is not what you want. Perhaps he could invite aunts and uncles but not cousins? I would definitely talk this out though because it could lead to problems with the wedding guest list. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards