Pre-wedding Parties

MOB wants to throw shower, upset at low guest list

My mother graciously wants to throw a shower but I don't want to invite the friends who will be invited to the bachelorette party which will most likely be the same day as the bridal shower, just later in the day. The low guest estimate is 15 people which to me is plenty! MOB is way more socialable than I am, and says that is not good enough. She says if I don't want the shower, she won't throw it, but I'm worried she is flaring up.
Help? What to do? Include all friends in guest list?
Break up shower and b-party dates (thereby excluding my step-sister)?
Just say no to the bridal shower which I really am fine with, but will MOB really be?

Re: MOB wants to throw shower, upset at low guest list

• jabecknerjabeckner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do not want the shower you can politely decline. But why not let your friends go to both the bridal shower and bachlorette party? I know all of mine are attending both.

Jolie on the Run Wedding Countdown Ticker
    132 Invited image
    38 Can't wait to party image
    0 Don't like fun image
    94 ? image
  • edited December 2011

I think it is fine if they are invited to both parties. They will decide if they are able to make none, one, or both.

Did you explain to  your mom the reason the guestlist was smaller is because you have already invited girls to your Bach party?

Or, have you told her you would like an intimate feel to you shower? It is a sticky spot to be in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't you invite them to both?  They can always decline if they don't want to come.
  • edited December 2011
    Is your mom trying to exclude your step-sister from the shower? I think it would be okay to invite the bp guests to both parties and let them decide whether or not they want to attend.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!
    I keep worrying too much about people feeling obligated to come to too many wedding events but you are all right - the guests can decided which one they want to go to or both. And it may be nice that they have an afternoon event and/or an evening event.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards